HOW TO START
- On a team’s turn, the Player (the person drawing the card) will draw the top card from the Dirty Diction Deck. This role rotates to a new teammate every time it’s that team’s turn to draw.
- Depending on the card they’ve drawn from the deck, the Player will strategically choose whatever Dirty Diction Challenge they wish their team to attempt. The challenge difficulty will vary with the phrase on the card, how it’s played and how many challenges remain!
- If, during any challenge, a teammate guesses a correct word from the phrase, the Player may point at them, silently letting them know they guessed one of the words!
- Each Challenge Card has a 1-minute time limit.
- A team’s guess doesn’t have to be word-for-word perfect to win. Most of these phrases have survived a long evolutionary process. If the guess is close enough, accept it. Majority rules. Don’t be a dick.
- If a team’s Challenge attempt fails, the Challenge Card remains in your Challenge Set and can be tried again on another turn.
- If the team completes the challenge, they get to move the Challenge Card from their Challenge Set to their Completed Set, an area for the team’s completed challenges. First team to earn 5 points wins. But, once a Challenge has been accomplished, a team can no longer play that Challenge category, unless they use their Bitch Move Card.
- Wether a team succeeds or not, after their turn, play moves to the left. The next team gets to draw and play continues.
THE CHALLENGE CARDS
“All In” Cards
The Bitch Move
Notes and Tips
- Know your challenges! Save easier play categories for the end.
- Guess a lot. There’s no penalty for a wrong answer. Some people might laugh at the words coming out of your mouth, but that’s part of the fun. Remember, these are phrases and slang, get your self in that mindset. Yelling, “Poop!” or “Masturbation!” over and over isn’t going to get you anywhere.
- Break difficult phrases down to individual words and try piecing the phrase together.
Alternative Game Types
- Sudden Death: Lay challenge cards in the middle of the table. 2 teams = 9 cards, 3 teams = 10 cards, 4 teams = 13 cards. The first team to get the majority wins. You choose the Challenges!
- Extremely Dirty Challenge Mode: Original rules except, the team to the left picks the Dirty Diction Card, and the Challenge Category! They hand the card to the Player who tries to complete the extremely difficult challenge. Not for the easily aggravated!
- House Rules: Make up your own rules. Decide how many points it takes to win or what Challenges you will use. There are a lot of different ways you could play. Then, let us know about them at www.dirtydiction.com