There is, however, an important aspect that often gets overlooked. Those games we played, that time we spent, it’s part of who are and where we come from. Not the games necessarily, they’re the backdrop, but the enjoyment, the competition, the strategy, and the laughter.
None of us want to lose touch with that inner child, but shit happens, then we grow up. As adults we get busy, juice boxes quickly become cocktails and eventually, getting shitfaced on a Friday night at the bar turns into wanting to hang out at home with good friends, making dinner, having some drinks and playing games.
Here are 5 ways we thought Dirty Diction might bring that childhood feeling back to your living room… but now, with beer.
- Dirty Diction is interactive! And when we say ‘interactive’, we’re talking about real conversation with real people. With so many social media options and outlets it’s become easier than ever to communicate with friends, family and even people you don’t really know, but for what? In the process, we’ve actually become less social in real life, and that’s a jagged pill to swallow. We stare at our phones, ignore conversation, and wonder how we let real life pass us by. Get involved! Have fun! Laugh! Watch your friends make asses of themselves! That’s what it’s all about, right? Dirty Diction creates a platform where you can get together with up to twenty of your friends, laugh, scream, strategize, and it will definitely spark hilarious conversations! Especially when you find out your quiet friend knows what ‘Soup & Salad’ really means!
- Dirty Diction is slightly educational! There are 450 cards with phrases, idioms or slang, each of which have been researched. Many of these we were able to provide historical, and hopefully, factual Odd’s and End’s. The rest, well, we just made some shit up we thought was funny! You will, however, learn something you didn’t know about our English language, and maybe some things you wish you didn’t!
- There is something for everyone! With 8 different challenges to choose from, you can draw, act stuff out, set people up like mannequins, vote, explain the phrase and more, but once you’ve used a challenge it’s no longer a playable option. There’s no telling how you are going to play the game! You have over 3,200 ways to earn that point and it’s all up to you! All you need is five to win! It’s a ‘Kick in the Ass’ gameplay experience you and your friends won’t forget!
- You are awesome!! You come into this game with a whole ‘mental Roledex’ of idioms, phrases and slang! You actually have no idea how smart you are! The shit your grandparents might have said at your family vacation to the coast could win the game! So could watching too much MTV! Also, since Dirty Diction is a new game, chances are, your friends haven’t heard of it. And, after you’ve played one game, and probably two, you’ll be the one responsible for introducing a badass game to your friends, and reminding them how much fun a party night can be!
- Here’s the weird shit… all of us are insane! That’s the best part! You’ll always be amazed with the stories that come up while playing Dirty Diction! Here’s a quick example: watching a woman scream at her partner, “What do I always try to get you to wear at the beach!” “A banana hammock?” he replies with a puzzled, embarrassed look on his face, while everyone at the table dies laughing. We have so many memories connected to these phrases, idioms and slang, you never know what stories are going to develop! That’s kind of a warning too…
We would love for you to respond back, and let us know what games you like to play on game night and how the Dirty Diction game-play was in your living room!
The Front Porch Guys